First I cut them out and stuck them onto some 3mm MDF, also adding a few extras such as modelling ballast, sand and rocks etc
Left to dry overnight, they were undercoated in white Gesso and painted with craft paint a very pale cork colour, almost a pale flesh. Once dry I used ( wait for it...... ) Army Painter dip ! I've had a tin for sometime that a friend gave me, who also had it for sometime..... no idea what I was going to use it for, TILL NOW. So I slapped it on.
Left to dry overnight again, I then knocked back the shine with some matt varnish and added some flock and a few tufts of grass .............. done ! Not bad..... and quick.